10 Inspiring Quotes to Start 2019 Like a Champ
With the start of every new year comes a new opportunity to start over, set a new path, or just be a little better. No matter what your goals for the New Year are, you’ll likely need a little motivation (even if it’s just for getting back into the swing of things). Here are a few words from people much smarter than me that might offer you some inspiration as we transition into 2019.
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” — Arthur Ashe
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” — Albert Schweitzer
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J.K. Rowling
6. “Crave the result so intensely the work is irrelevant.” — Tim Grover
7. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson
8. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” — Earl Nightingale
9. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
10. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Happy New Year! Here’s one quick resolution you can do today — follow me on Medium 🙂
DJ Jeffries is a self-proclaimed “intrapreneur” and entrepreneur with an obsession for challenging the status quo. A graduate of Southern Illinois University Carbondale, he’s been awarded the Bill & Melinda Gates Millennium Fellowship, the University Innovation Fellowship (through Stanford University) and the Richard B. Fisher Fellowship (Morgan Stanley). He is the founder and editor of http://Led2win.com , an online motivation publication, the host of the Hacking Happiness podcast, and is currently an HR Transformation Associate at Morgan Stanley.